Still called the Family Values Tour, this blog now detours into our latest adventure -- building our house in Volcano, HI.

Tuesday, November 04, 2008

The Netherlands!

Tom and I rented bicycles in Haarlem and headed for the sea -- we sort of wondered all over the place but found plenty of places for some well deserved R & R along the way. We started the ride with fresh Herring Sandwiches (with pickles and onions) they were selling in Grote Markt:


View Larger Map

The route below is the best I can do from memory, but I think it is pretty close to the route we took. Riding bikes in Holland is such a treat -- it's clearly the preferred vehicle here. It's interesting that almost no one wears a helmet, but when you consider how safe the Dutch have made riding a bike through town it makes good sense. I'll post some pics from this ride as soon as I get them off my camera.



View Larger Map

No comments: