Still called the Family Values Tour, this blog now detours into our latest adventure -- building our house in Volcano, HI.

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Glacier NP > Bozeman, MT

We drove from Glacier NP to Bozeman, MT in a single day -- 8/21/08. It was about 360 miles and took us through Butte which has a fabulous but derelict downtown area. One can tell that it must have been something in its day. We did make it over to the Berkeley Pit, but was told that the pollution there sometimes glows in beautiful iridescent colors. Sounds like something from The Simpsons.

Picture 3.png

2 comments:

shane said...

Maybe it's just 'cause I love the nature SO much, and I do hope your having a good time, but have you considered your carbon footprint with this vacation?

Shawn Mishler said...

Dear Nature Lover,
Trust ME I love nature more than you and to prove it let me share a parable, I saw about 10 miles of coal train stretched alongside the highway and 1st) I shed a tear and 2nd) I sang that Ira Hayes song. Beat that Mr NYC Green Guy.