Still called the Family Values Tour, this blog now detours into our latest adventure -- building our house in Volcano, HI.

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Nairobi for the night

I have made it safely to my hotel in Nairobi; it's apparent one doesn't go touristing at 10:30pm here. There's heightened sense of security overall, possibly a left over from the embassy bombing here or more recent events. Either way, I have no time for sight seeing until I get back here in a couple weeks. I am catching an early morning flight to Kisumu and so must turn in.
Over the Sahara, about 1900 miles NW of Nairobi, I saw the strangest thing, pictured below. Apparently these are crop circles, so to speak. Farmers drill down into an aquifer and use animals to turn the pump, pumping the water up, out and use it for irrigation. Wow.

No comments: